Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Canary in a Coalmine" 101


A lyrical analysis of "Canary in a Coalmine," from Zenyattà Mondatta by The Police.




CTRL+click to listen in a new tab:


"Canary in a Coalmine" - The Police


Lyrics:

First to fall over when the atmosphere is less than perfect
Your sensibilities are shaken by the slightest defect
You live your life like a canary in a coalmine
You get so dizzy even walking in a straight line

You say you want to spend the winter in Firenze
You’re so afraid to catch a dose of influenza
You live your life like a canary in a coalmine
You get so dizzy even walking in a straight line

Canary in a coalmine

Now if I tell you that you suffer from delusions
You pay your analyst to reach the same conclusions
You live your life like a canary in a coalmine
You get so dizzy even walking in a straight line

Canary in a coalmine

First to fall over when the atmosphere is less than perfect
Your sensibilities are shaken by the slightest defect
You live your life like a canary in a coalmine
You get so dizzy even walking in a straight line

Canary in a coalmine  



...


"Canary in a Coalmine" by The Police is, in my book, a song not actually so much about a literal canary in a coalmine as a song about another kind of 'bird' entirely - a Renaissance man that doesn't like flu shots.  While this song is not the primary song that the name of this blog came from, it is a close second.

Sometimes, artists hide the meaning of their art in obscure references or symbols and it is left up to us to find the hidden meaning.  There are countless thousands of poems, songs, paintings, etc. that I have come across, that I have been able to easily identify as art which has its meaning hidden under the surface.  I can immediately understand some fraction of these pieces.  But so far, it has been far less common for me to come to understand the hidden meaning of a piece of art over time.  That is: usually, if I don't get it right away, I never do.

But that seems to be changing lately.  I recently published an article which exhaustively explains the hidden meaning behind South Park S13E14: "Pee" - [see post ""Eat the banana or we have to put you down!""].

And in this article I hope to expose the meaning of the lyrics to "Canary in a Coalmine"!


The primary mystery of the song appears to be just who the subject is.

Let's start with  the first four lines:

     First to fall over when the atmosphere is less than perfect
     Your sensibilities are shaken by the slightest defect
     You live your life like a canary in a coalmine
     You get so dizzy even walking in a straight line

This could certainly be taken at face value - taken to mean that Sting is referring to a literal canary in a literal coalmine.  "First to fall over when the atmosphere is less than perfect," would definitely point to a literal canary as our first suspect.

But, as you might have guessed by now, that is not the conclusion that I have come to.

The first line caught my attention because of what I've been up to lately:

I've been experiencing daily migraines, which forced me out of my senior year of Biochemistry/Biophysics at OSU in October 2011.  I quickly lost my political virginity as soon as I was out of school, and so I started a blog to help others do the same more quickly, gently, and easily than I did.  I plan to release a documentary this year that will prove the existence of chemtrails - a vast, secret aerosol operation which Michael Murphy has covered the best so far with his documentaries.  [see post "Why in the World Are They Spraying? (Full Length Documentary HD)"].  I feel that it is my calling to finally prove to the masses that they are, for certain, being sprayed on a regular basis, and to vindicate every small child that has ever been hushed by a parent for talking about the white lines in the sky [ see post "69/Chemtrail music video!"].  So you might say that I have fallen "head over heels" for chemtrails. 

(UPDATE 3/5/2014:  I think Skull, the creator of the chemtrail music video "Cry Die" works for the Illuminati, as evidenced by the pyramid symbol on his shirt, and the destructive sound of his music and the ambiguous sound of his lyrics.

Ex: When Skull sings "I look up ta da sky," it really sounds like he is singing, "I work for the Dark Side.")

The primary substance that is allegedly being sprayed in this aerosol operation is aluminum oxide.  
I suspect that exposure to toxic metals from a host of sources (esp. Hg and Al in vaccines, Al in chemtrails, etc.) and the synergistic toxic effects of these metals with fluoride may be responsible for much of the illness I am suffering and working to recover from.  So do chemtrails make my migraines worse?  I assume that they must.  I am well aware that they exacerbate allergies and asthma massively and I have little doubt that nanoscale alumina particles from aerosol programs could increase microglial activation, neuroinflammation and glutamate toxicity, thus increasing my migraines, and increasing the symptoms of other people who have conditions that involve this process (ex: autism, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, MS...).  [for more info on pathological microglial activation, see post "Vaccines are bad, mmkay..."]  Why shouldn't this be the case?  I've seen a paper that suggests we shouldn't use spray deodorants with aluminum-containing antiperspirants because of "brain access via nasal olfactory pathways".  [see post "Aluminum: A Neurotoxic Product of Acid Rain [and chemtrails]"].  Should we be concerned about this sort of Al brain access with chemtrails?  Well, yes, I think so.

So "First to fall over when the atmosphere is less than perfect" is a line that speaks to me directly.  I may be particularly sensitive to these metals and so I might be the first to fall over.


Now on to the second line:

     Your sensibilities are shaken by the slightest defect


Just as David Wilcock made the intuitive leap that TVG stood for "Time Vector Generator" I will make a rash intuitive leap here, and say that SSD doesn't really stand for Social Security Disability, but rather "shaken by the slightest defect".



But since there is another s - "sensibilities" we should consider that Sting is referencing the Devil with his alliteration: SSS-D.

UPDATE 3/5/2013:  Since I last wrote this article, I've been thinking up things that SSD could stand for.  Paul Gautschi might say that SSD stands for "strachy, stressed, and dehydrated"!  I would say that Champ Kind references SSD in Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie (2004): "so I drove down to Mexico and shot some stray dogs."  It might even stand for "sold his/her soul to the Devil" or "sunny San Diego" or "sugary sports drinks."  Veronica might say, "Believe it or not, we share the same dream"  (after Ron asks her about her hopes, dreams, passions, a reference to HDPE, an abbreviation for the plastic bottles that are used as a weak sterilant today in the food chain - that is, maybe Veronica's real "hopes, dreams, and passions" were about having children....)

How can this possibly relate to the song?  Read on - we'll talk about the flu shot soon.

... 

Next:
  
     You say you want to spend the winter in Firenze
    

It is clear to me that "spend the winter in Firenze" is a euphemistic term for something else.  If you disagree, feel free to leave a comment below.  Anyway, "Firenze" [see Wikipedia article here for pronunciation] is a term for Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance.  So, of course, this song (in my opinion) predicts the beginning of a Renaissance during wintertime.  And indeed, such a Renaissance is happening as we speak (this winter) and no Rockefeller Internet kill switch can stop it from happening!  [see post "Are you AOL or AWOL?"So "spend the winter in Firenze" is really a euphemism for "start a Renaissance"!

Will Corvallis be the birthplace of a new Renaissance?  

Next:

     You’re so afraid to catch a dose of influenza

 

(The following definition was pasted from the Merriam Webster website:  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dose)

...

Definition of DOSE

1
a : the measured quantity of a therapeutic agent to be taken at one time
b : the quantity of radiation administered or absorbed
2
: a portion of a substance added during a process
3
: an amount of something likened to a prescribed or measured quantity of medicine <a daily dose of hard work> <a dose of scandal>
4
: a gonorrheal infection

Examples of DOSE

  1. I've been taking the same dose for five years.
  2. a large dose of vitamin C
  3. The drug is lethal even in small doses.
  4. a large dose of sugar
  5. a high dose of radiation
  6. Her parents hoped a daily dose of hard work would keep her out of trouble.
  7. He needs a good dose of reality.

Origin of DOSE

Middle English, from Middle French, from Late Latin dosis, from Greek, literally, act of giving, from didonai to give — more at date
First Known Use: 15th century

...

So why would Sting use the word "dose" instead of something like "case"?  Because he wasn't talking about catching a case of the flu - he was talking about receiving a dose of flu vaccine.  Doses, by their very nature, are ALWAYS administered intentionally.  It makes sense if someone says "catch a case" or "take a dose" but "catch a dose" is a confusion of terms - something that might stick out as a clue to someone who is SSD - shaken by the slightest defect.  I am concerned about the dangerous ingredients in vaccines, especially the mercury, aluminum, MSG, cancer viruses (like SV-40), oil-based adjuvants such as squalene which was a cause of Gulf War syndrome (Dr. Sherri Tenpenny refers to them as a "time-release bioweapon", and behavior-modifying viruses.  And I am presently seriously vaccine-injured, as many people are.  So, as I have said before, "I would rather die with a chest full of lead than live with a head full of mercury and aluminum.  And I would rather die angry about the status quo than live a life of medically-induced apathy and chronic brain inflammation."  I would rather "bite the bullet" than "bite the [GMO] banana" [vaccine].  [see post ""Eat the banana or we have to put you down!""]


Next:
  
     Now if I tell you that you suffer from delusions
     You pay your analyst to reach the same conclusions

I have two therapists/analysts - one is a regular psychotherapist with Jungian tendencies and the other a full-blown Jungian analyst.  One of them thinks that I am delusional (because of my unrestrained conspiracy theorizing).  The other thinks I'm a lot like Linus Pauling.  [see post "Linus Pauling practiced urine therapy!"]  I have grammarian tendencies but no formal training.  So the whole song works for me.

Question:  What do you call a cross between an analyst and a therapist?

Answer:  An analrapist.  (thanks, Arrested Development!)


Check out this InfoWars article about the DSM-V:

http://www.infowars.com/psychiatry-goes-insane-every-human-emotion-now-classified-as-a-mental-disorder-in-new-psychiatric-manual-dsm-5/

And here is the LA Times article they reference:

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar/01/opinion/la-oe-frances1-2010mar01



"Our panel tried hard to be conservative and careful but inadvertently contributed to three false "epidemics" -- attention deficit disorder, autism and childhood bipolar disorder. Clearly, our net was cast too wide and captured many "patients" who might have been far better off never entering the mental health system."

- Allen Frances, chair of the DSM-IV Task Force 




I'm sure that the psychiatric profession would be eager to label conspiracy theorizing as a mental illness. 


I hope you have enjoyed your time here, and I hope this article clears up the meaning of the song.

- THCalm Canary


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: