Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Grinch song

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch
You really are a heel,
You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch,
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel
You're a monster, Mr. Grinch,
Your heart's an empty hole,
Your brain is full of spiders, you have garlic in your soul, Mr. Grinch,I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole
You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch,
You have termites in your smile,
You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile, Mr. Grinch,
Given a choice between the two of you I'd take the seasick crocodile!
You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch,You're a nasty wasty skunk,
Your heart is full of unwashed socks, your soul is full of gunk, Mr. Grinch,
The three words that best describe you are as follows, and I quote,"Stink, stank, stunk"
You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch,
You're the king of sinful sots,
Your heart's a dead tomato splotched with moldy purple spots, Mr. Grinch,
Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of
rubbish imaginable mangled up in tangled up knots
You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch,
With a nauseous super "naus"!,
You're a crooked dirty jockey and you drive a crooked hoss, Mr. Grinch,
You're a three-decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce!





Quickly, I can help you to understand the lyrics (and the story of the Grinch) a little bit better:


The Grinch may well be about Back to Eden no-till gardening, hot composting in piles, and lactofermented vegetables such as Kosher dill pickles and sauerkraut.


The line "You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch" may refer not only to the bad smell of the Grinch himself but also to his composting activities.  Now that I have a Back to Eden garden, I no longer feel like what the Agenda 21 crowd would call, "a useless eater".  And it is my opinion that "rotter" may be a term use to describe one who rots, or one who composts, plant material.


I ate 14 quarts of Kosher dill pickles in the last month.  Truly I have garlic in my soul!




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: